Never thought I'd like an insurance company!

Out of 10

My dog, a 2 year old terrier mix named Baxter, full down a hill while out on an off leash walk in a nearby park and tore his cruciate ligament. At first it was very overwhelming, as it was the first time he had really injured himself. We took him to the vet, who referred us to a specialist, who told us he was going to need close to a $5,000 dollar surgery if we wanted him to return to normal and be able to fully enjoy the remaining 12 or so years of his life. At first I was nervous that PetPlan wasn't going to cover it, having had bad experiences with various types of insurance companies in the past. Low and behold, when we went to get the surgery pre-approved (we weren't going to just wing it), they agreed to cover 80% of it, exactly what our policy said it would since it was being performed by a specialist. No ifs, ands, or buts. We even got a nice personalized e-mail. The remaining 20% was still expensive, but nothing compared to the entire $5,000 cost. Now Baxter is recovering, getting a little stronger each day, and we really do have PetPlan to thank. If this surgery wasn't covered, we would have had to opt for the less expensive and less efficacious surgery, which would have meant Baxter never would have had a full recovery. They also turn around payment fast! I'm a very happy customer :)

Did you find this review helpful?
torn cruciate ligament
Claim Amount
Over $1000

Mixed Breed

Age of Pet
1 - 8

Leave a comment

Enter the characters shown in the image.