There is almost nothing greater than bringing home a new puppy. Overnight your life becomes filled with laughs and incredibly sweet moments. But addin...Read full article
World's most trusted source for pet insurance
out of 10
So grateful to Trupanion
Ann Baker | 09/30/2022
out of 10
Britany Duguay | 09/28/2022
out of 10
Maurice Levy | 09/22/2022
out of 10
Louise Drake | 09/16/2022
out of 10
Sonia Ninala | 09/14/2022
out of 10
Biggles, 19 yo, recovered from pancreatitis
Deborah Gibson | 09/04/2022
Most pet owners at some point in their life will experience a similar scenario. You awaken at 2am to the sound of your dog vomiting. They are listless...Read full article
What does pet insurance cover?
Pet insurance is an investment in your furry friend’s health. Pet insurance will protect your family from financial disaster if something happens to your pet.
Pet insurance is similar to human health insurance and varies between providers, plan options, and coverage. This is why it is important to do research to find the best coverage for you.
Pet insurance plans cover veterinary care defined by the policy. The most comprehensive plans will cover routine pet care throughout your pet’s life such as teeth cleaning, vaccinations, and check-ups. Some plans only cover specific things such as unexpected emergencies like illness or injury.
How does pet insurance work?
Pet insurance varies by insurance provider and coverage selections.
In summary, this is how pet insurance works.
1. Compare and find the best plan for you and your pet.
2. Once you have selected your policy, you personalize your pet insurance plan by selecting your deductible, co-pay, or reimbursement percentage options.
3. You pay the annual or monthly premiums and stay up to date with all the routine care and vaccines for your cat or dog.
4. Should your pet become ill or injured, you can visit a licensed veterinarian for treatment.
5. After seeking pet care, you submit a claim to your insurance company and will be reimbursed for treatment covered by your policy.
6. Get reimbursed by your insurance provider up to 100% of the claim depending on the pet insurance plan you choose.
What is the best pet insurance?
The best policy is the one that is right for you based on you. Everyone’s budgets, needs, breed risks, and lifestyles vary. This is why it’s so important to compare pet health insurance plans before committing to an insurance company.
Choosing the best plan isn’t about finding the cheapest option. It’s all about finding the coverage that best meets your needs and budget without sacrificing your pet’s health. Pet insurance and customized wellness coverage ensure the best possible veterinary care throughout your pet’s life.
Is Pet Insurance Worth It?
Having pet insurance is a great idea if you don’t want to pay large sums of money if your dog becomes sick or injured. But is having pet insurance worth it? How much does pet insurance cost?
Before you purchase any of the pet health insurance plans, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have enough savings to pay upfront if my pet ends up needing emergency treatment?
- Does my state allow me to get reimbursed in case something happens to my pet when he’s away from home?
- What is the coverage level of this provider (80% – 100%)?
- Is it a good deal compared to other providers?
- Does my pet have ongoing health issues that will require treatment in the future?
- levels, which means no reimbursement if my pet is sick?
Ask yourself these questions to see if pet insurance is worth it. You can also explore the point of view of veterinarians. Talk to your vet, ask them about it!
Veterinarians, pet parents, and of course us, always recommend getting pet insurance.
Pet Insurance Cost: How much is Pet Insurance, Is it affordable?
Pet insurance cost is based on your:
- Pet’s age (older pets are usually more expensive)
- Pet’s Breed (there are breeds that are prone to issues, due to hereditary diseases)
- Location (if you live in a city where there is a high crime rate,
- you will need to pay more than if you live in an area with low-crime or
- in an affluent neighborhood).
An example is that a 10-year-old dog named Lola is spayed and is living in Houston, Texas. She is insured by Healthy Paws. The average monthly premium is $223.
The average cost of pet insurance varies from $15 to $200 per month. Dog insurance is a bit more expensive than cat insurance. But in general, the higher-priced plans have a higher deductible and will pay for more treatments before you pay anything out of pocket. The less expensive ones are not as comprehensive, and they are only meant to cover accidents.
What is Pet Insurance Review?
We are an affiliate site that allows users to browse, compare and read reviews from the top pet insurance providers. We are in no way, a pet insurance provider, only an independent intermediary.
What makes Pet Insurance Review Unique?
Pet Insurance Review is built on thousands of independent reviews from pet parents just like you. All of the ratings and reviews are completely unfiltered and 100% real, so you can be sure that your research and comparison will be accurate.
We work with the top insurance companies and we are licensed in all 52 states in the US and even in Canada. No matter where you are, we’ve got you covered.
Our Free personalized quote tool, finds and suggests plans that fit your needs at different budgets, once you like one, you connect directly to the providers official website to finalize the purchase.
If Pet Insurance Review Doesn't Sell Insurance, How does it make money?
We get a fee from the provider when we assist you in purchasing a policy for your pet.
The commission we get is the same no matter which plan or provider you choose, we are completely unbiased and independent from all providers.
You don’t pay anything and the cost of the plan is unaffected, you can rest safe knowing you are getting the best price, for the best plan.