out of 5
Figo Pet Insurance Details
Why Our Users Picked It:
Reviewers appreciate that Figo offers Wellness coverage for preventative care. Many also mentioned the claims process was hassle-free.
Pros & Cons:
- Only 1-day waiting period for accident coverage
- Wellness coverage available
- Simple claims process
- Up to 100% reimbursement available
- Extra costs for vet exams
- 6-month waiting period for orthopedic problems (in some cases can be waived if your vet signs a waiver)
- Does not offer an accident-only plan
- Per Condition Limit None
- Lifetime Limit None
- Deductible Type Annual
- Direct Pay
What is Covered?
- Accident and Injury Unlimited
- Hospitalization Unlimited
- Rehabilitation Unlimited
- Continual Care Unlimited
- Emergency Visits Unlimited
- Surgery Unlimited
- Dental Trauma Unlimited
- Foreign Object Ingestion UnlimitedUnlimited - Only if the pet did not require decontamination 2 or more times within the 18 months prior to the policy effective date or within the waiting periods
- Congenital or Hereditary Conditions Unlimited
- Cancer Treatments Unlimited
- Dietary Supplements Unlimited - Limited to prescription foods that are used to treat existing bladder stones or crystals.
- End of Life: Burial and Cremation Unlimited - If the pet passes during the policy period as a result of illness or injury and meets the coverage requirements.
- Illness Unlimited
- Specialists Unlimited - *In addition, the examination fee for a specialist can be covered depending on whether the optional exam fee coverage was added.
- Prosthetics Unlimited
- End of Life: Euthanasia Unlimited - If deemed medically necessary by licensed vet and it is the result of a covered accident or illness.
- Prescription Drugs Unlimited
- Outpatient Care Unlimited
- Bilateral Conditions Unlimited
- Travel Coverage $1,000 - If deemed a life threatening condition and vacation was preplanned.
- Vet Exam Fees If plan is selected with that option
- Medical Imaging Unlimited
- Organ Transplants Unlimited - Requires preapproval
- Wellness Cover Unlimited
- Lab Tests Unlimited
- Behavioral Treatments $1,000
Figo Pet Insurance is committed to making lives easier for pets and their people. Their cloud-based technology enables pet parents to manage the lives of their pets on-the-go through their Pet Cloud. The Pet Cloud app significantly enhances the way Figo engages with pet parents by providing an A.I. claims experience, live veterinary chat, alerts, records management and more to seamlessly manage their policy and make pet parenting a breeze.
Most popular dog breeds insured by Figo Pet Insurance
Here are the top 10 dog breeds covered by Figo insurance so you can get an idea of possible monthly premium costs.
|Breed||Average Monthly Cost|
|Other Mixed Breed||$77.92|
Most popular cat breeds insured by Figo Pet Insurance
Here are the top 10 cat breeds covered by Figo insurance so you can get an idea of possible monthly premium costs.
|Breed||Average Monthly Cost|
|American Shorthair Mix||$48.70|
|Other Mixed Breed||$50.64|
|Domestic Medium Hair Mix||$41.50|
|Domestic Shorthair Mix||$36.24|
|Domestic Longhair Mix||$27.36|
Compare With Other Top Pet Insurance Providers
Users appreciate the efficiency of claims processing and prompt reimbursement. They also love the great customer service Embrace offers.
Many users have said how much they appreciate the simplicity and user-friendly nature of the Healthy Paws app and website for submitting claims. Users also praise the quick turnaround time for claim review and reimbursement, with some receiving payments within 48 hours.
Users appreciate that Fetch offers up to 90% reimbursement rates. Some have also expressed the ease of submitting claims, with some saying they submitted claims in the vet’s office from their phone within minutes.
Quite a few users have mentioned that Lemonade offers some of the most affordable policies in the market. Many also appreciate that coverage is extensive and covers a wide range of medical conditions and procedures.
Many of our users stated they found Trupanion’s customer service to be exceptional. Responses are prompt and helpful. In addition, many find the claims process to be simple, efficient and user-friendly.
Our users raved about MetLife’s exceptional customer service and the fact the company offers comprehensive coverage that supports both preventative and emergency care. And users also appreciate MetLife’s competitive pricing.
Users appreciate the effortless claim process and timely refunds in as little as 24-48 hours. Comprehensive coverage with up to 90% of bills covered has also been highlighted by many.
Our users have raved about how easy it is to submit claims through Prudent Pet. Some have also left great reviews highlighting Prudent Pet’s direct deposit of reimbursement payments. Great customer service seems to be another main theme with this provider.
Many users have praised Spot for their quick and hassle-free claim process. They also mention how quickly they are reimbursed in most cases and that customer service is both kind and helpful.
Users appreciate that ASPCA offers comprehensive coverage that includes emergency services as well as preventative care. Many have also highlighted ASPCA’s helpful and responsive customer service representatives.
Our users appreciate that Hartville offers flexible coverage options as far as policy limits, deductibles and reimbursement rates. This puts them in the driver’s seat and allows them to choose a policy they can comfortably afford.
Users love the great customer service offered by Many Pets and the fact that they offer competitive pricing. Many Pets will also reduce the accident and illness waiting period to 24 hours if you are switching from another insurance provider.
Users have raved about the awesome customer service this provider offers. Some have also highlighted quick turnaround time for payments once a claim has been submitted.
Users rave about how easy it is to submit a claim and receive updates on it. Many have also said how much they appreciate how fast reimbursements are. The company has also been highly praised for its transparent coverage policies and clear communication.
Learn more about Pet Assure’s discount plan and read customer reviews so you can make an informed choice about how you cover veterinarian care costs.
Some reviewers have praised AKC for offering an easy claims submission process. Others have said how much they appreciate the great customer service and that payments are generally made within days of making a claim.
Reviewers highlighted how wonderful customer service is. Not just responsive and knowledgeable but also really compassionate during times of stress and worry. One person even mentioned how the company sent flowers after her pet had to be euthanized.
Select up to 3 providers to compare
Figo Pet Insurance FAQ?
Does Figo offer a wellness plan?
Yes, Figo offers a wellness package that provides coverage for things like dental care, vaccinations and spay and neuter. This can be added on to your Accident & Illness plan.
Does Figo have age restrictions?
Your fur baby must be at least 8 weeks old to be enrolled but there are no upper age limits for eligibility.
What kind of waiting period is there before I can use my policy?
Figo has a 1-day waiting period for accidents, a 14-day waiting period for illnesses and 6 months for orthopedic conditions such as hip dysplasia.
Does Figo pet insurance offer any discounts?
Yes, Figo offers a multi-pet discount where you can take 5% off of the cost of enrolling each additional pet.