out of 5
Fetch Pet Insurance Details
Why Our Users Picked It:
Users appreciate that Fetch offers up to 90% reimbursement rates. Some have also expressed the ease of submitting claims, with some saying they submitted claims in the vet’s office from their phone within minutes.
Pros & Cons:
- High reimbursement rates
- Easy claim submission process
- Includes coverage for boarding and kennel fees of up to $1,000
- Flexibility in coverage options
- No wellness plan coverage
- 6-month waiting period for pre-existing cruciate ligament issues and hip dysplasia
- Difficulty in changing coverage
- Misleading policy exclusions
- Per Condition Limit If your pet has a pre-existing condition—but it doesn’t reoccur or need treatment for 365 days—the condition will be covered going forward.
- Lifetime Limit No annual policy limit means that there is no limit to the amount of money that you could be paid in a given year on all of your unexpected vet bills. Fetch by The Dodo pet insurance will continue paying you back.
- Deductible Type Annual
- Direct Pay
What is Covered?
- Accident and Injury The cost of veterinary treatment when your pet gets hurt. Injuries can range from cuts and foreign object ingestion to broken bones and ACL ruptures.
- Hospitalization Overnight stays at a licensed veterinary hospital anywhere in the U.S. or Canada for treatment, monitoring, or further testing.
- Rehabilitation Treatments including, but not limited to, hydrotherapy, laser, underwater treadmill, kinesiotherapy, land-based exercise, massage, stretching and electrical stimulation administered by a vet to treat an injury or illness.
- Continual Care Once we approve coverage for a condition, we will continue covering expenses for that condition for as long as the policy is active and maintains continuous coverage.
- Emergency Visits Treatment at licensed emergency veterinary clinics anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
- Surgery The cost of veterinary treatment when your pet gets hurt. Injuries can range from cuts and foreign object ingestion to broken bones and ACL ruptures.
- Dental Trauma We cover injury and disease in every adult tooth, not just the canines. Not all providers do. Plus, you get full coverage for periodontal disease (the most common disease in dogs and cats), oral tumors, trauma, and more.
- Foreign Object Ingestion Yes
- Congenital or Hereditary Conditions Not all providers cover medical conditions linked to breed, like breathing problems in French bulldogs or kidney stones in Burmese. We do.
- Cancer Treatments The cost of veterinary treatment when your pet gets sick. Illnesses can range from vomiting, diarrhea, and urinary tract infections to heart disease or cancer.
- Dietary Supplements Any non-prescription medicinal substance, including but not limited to nutraceuticals, vitamins and herbal medicines, that a veterinarian recommends for the treatment of an injury or illness.
- End of Life: Burial and Cremation We do not cover any after passing expenses such as burial or cremation.
- Illness The cost of veterinary treatment when your pet gets sick. Illnesses can range from vomiting, diarrhea, and urinary tract infections to heart disease or cancer.
- Specialists Treatment by licensed veterinary specialists including, but not limited to, orthopedists, oncologists, orthodontists and cardiologists.
- Prosthetics We don't have any specific limitations on this. We cover vet-recommended treatments deemed medically necessary as long as it's unrelated to a pre- existing condition.
- End of Life: Euthanasia We cover euthanasia as long as it's vet recommended and unrelated to a pre-existing condition.
- Prescription Drugs Any non-prescription medicinal substance, including but not limited to nutraceuticals, vitamins and herbal medicines, that a veterinarian recommends for the treatment of an injury or illness.
- Outpatient Care Treatments including, but not limited to, hydrotherapy, laser, underwater treadmill, kinesiotherapy, land-based exercise, massage, stretching and electrical stimulation administered by a vet to treat an injury or illness.
- Bilateral Conditions Yes, but the only bilateral exclusion we have on our policies is on the knees.
- Travel Coverage We don't cover any travel fees, though we do have the vacation cancellation special coverage. This will reimburse up to $1,000 for any travel and accommodation costs you cannot recover if you have to cancel or cut short vacation during the policy period because your pet is injured or shows the first clinical sign(s) of an illness while you are away or up to seven (7) days before you leave, and as a result requires immediate lifesaving veterinary treatment.
- Vet Exam Fees Every sick visit comes with an exam fee, which can be around $50 - $250. We cover those exam fees for you. Not all providers do.
- Medical Imaging Tests performed or prescribed by a vet to help diagnose an injury or illness. Diagnostic tests can range from blood tests and urinalysis to MRIs and ultrasound.
- Organ Transplants We can cover organ transplants as long as medically necessary and first pre-authorized and approved by us.
- Wellness Cover Fetch pet insurance does not cover wellness or routine vet office visits, which includes things like annual checkups, vaccines, spaying and neutering procedures, wellness exams, grooming services or teeth cleanings.
- Lab Tests Tests performed or prescribed by a vet to help diagnose an injury or illness. Diagnostic tests can range from blood tests and urinalysis to MRIs and ultrasound.
- Behavioral Treatments Consultations with a vet to diagnose and treat behavioral disorders including, but not limited to, aggression, separation anxiety or phobias. Covered up to $1,000 per year.
Fetch covers new injuries and illnesses that occur after the waiting period ends: things like foreign object ingestion, broken teeth, ACL ruptures, kidney disease… As long as it’s not a pre-existing condition, we’re there for just about anything that happens. We provide the most comprehensive coverage in the industry, and it’s all standard in your plan.
Most popular dog breeds insured by Fetch Pet Insurance
Here are the top 10 dog breeds covered by Fetch insurance so you can get an idea of possible monthly premium costs.
|Breed||Average Monthly Cost|
|Other Mixed Breed||$38.52|
|American Pit Bull Terrier||$50.47|
Most popular cat breeds insured by Fetch Pet Insurance
Here are the top 10 cat breeds covered by Fetch insurance so you can get an idea of possible monthly premium costs.
|Breed||Average Monthly Cost|
|Domestic Short Hair||$30.49|
|Domestic Shorthair Mix||$21.31|
|Domestic Medium Hair Mix||$25.30|
|Other Mixed Breed||$21.16|
|European Shorthair Mix||$28.78|
|American Shorthair Mix||$19.78|
Compare With Other Top Pet Insurance Providers
Users appreciate the efficiency of claims processing and prompt reimbursement. They also love the great customer service Embrace offers.
Many users have said how much they appreciate the simplicity and user-friendly nature of the Healthy Paws app and website for submitting claims. Users also praise the quick turnaround time for claim review and reimbursement, with some receiving payments within 48 hours.
Quite a few users have mentioned that Lemonade offers some of the most affordable policies in the market. Many also appreciate that coverage is extensive and covers a wide range of medical conditions and procedures.
Many of our users stated they found Trupanion’s customer service to be exceptional. Responses are prompt and helpful. In addition, many find the claims process to be simple, efficient and user-friendly.
Our users raved about MetLife’s exceptional customer service and the fact the company offers comprehensive coverage that supports both preventative and emergency care. And users also appreciate MetLife’s competitive pricing.
Users appreciate the effortless claim process and timely refunds in as little as 24-48 hours. Comprehensive coverage with up to 90% of bills covered has also been highlighted by many.
Our users have raved about how easy it is to submit claims through Prudent Pet. Some have also left great reviews highlighting Prudent Pet’s direct deposit of reimbursement payments. Great customer service seems to be another main theme with this provider.
Users appreciate that ASPCA offers comprehensive coverage that includes emergency services as well as preventative care. Many have also highlighted ASPCA’s helpful and responsive customer service representatives.
Our users appreciate that Hartville offers flexible coverage options as far as policy limits, deductibles and reimbursement rates. This puts them in the driver’s seat and allows them to choose a policy they can comfortably afford.
Users love the great customer service offered by Many Pets and the fact that they offer competitive pricing. Many Pets will also reduce the accident and illness waiting period to 24 hours if you are switching from another insurance provider.
Users have raved about the awesome customer service this provider offers. Some have also highlighted quick turnaround time for payments once a claim has been submitted.
Many users have praised Spot for their quick and hassle-free claim process. They also mention how quickly they are reimbursed in most cases and that customer service is both kind and helpful.
Users rave about how easy it is to submit a claim and receive updates on it. Many have also said how much they appreciate how fast reimbursements are. The company has also been highly praised for its transparent coverage policies and clear communication.
Learn more about Pet Assure’s discount plan and read customer reviews so you can make an informed choice about how you cover veterinarian care costs.
Some reviewers have praised AKC for offering an easy claims submission process. Others have said how much they appreciate the great customer service and that payments are generally made within days of making a claim.
Reviewers highlighted how wonderful customer service is. Not just responsive and knowledgeable but also really compassionate during times of stress and worry. One person even mentioned how the company sent flowers after her pet had to be euthanized.
Reviewers appreciate that Figo offers Wellness coverage for preventative care. Many also mentioned the claims process was hassle-free.
Select up to 3 providers to compare
Fetch Pet Insurance FAQ?
How long does it take Fetch to process my claim?
Fetch is able to process claims usually within 15 days from receiving all claim documents.
Does Fetch cover dental?
Yes. In fact, Fetch pet insurance offers some of the most comprehensive dental coverage in the industry. They do not cover annual dental cleanings, which is considered routine care.
What is Fetch’s waiting period?
There is a 15-day waiting period before Accident & Illness coverage kicks in. There’s also a 6-month waiting period before injuries of the hips and knees can be covered.