Our lab mix, Abby, is still a puppy (at least in her mind) and tends to eat everything. She swallowed a large jagged rock. She stopped eating and could not get comfortable anywhere. We took her to the Emergency Vet (of course, this was on the weekend) and he took exrays and found the rock. He said we could do emergency surgery or wait one more day just to see if she passed it. Thankfully, she did. The bill was $214.50 (not in our budget). After our $100 deductible, ASPCA paid 80% quickly and without any fuss. It certainly made things easier for us.