PetPlan is our savior!

10
Out of 10

We have had PetPlan for about two years now, both of our dogs are insured through them. When I first signed up for pet insurance, I did a tremendous amount of research and found that PetPlan was the company that best suited us and our needs. I never wanted to be in the position where I couldn't pay for my dogs (my babies) needs.
We have not had the need to use PetPlan (our dogs are fairly young - 3 years and almost 5 years) until a few weeks ago. Our little Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix, being her curious self, stuck her face into the chemical box that the pool cleaner had brought with him. We are still unsure whether she inhaled or ingested the chemicals (either Chlorine or Muric Acid), but two days later her mouth basically started to deteriorate. She had ulcers and sores throughout her mouth and down her throat. Her gums and tongue were bleeding and her breath smelled so bad it would make the entire living room smell. The vet later told us that the smell was her gums falling apart and rotting.

She spent 4 days in the hospital and another week on intense antibiotics and pain medication. We would do absolutely anything for our dogs, but the bills definitely started to rack up; we were up to over $2,400 in vet bills.

We sent in our claims on September 2nd and by September 8th we had a $2,200 check issued for us (our insurance coverage was a $200 deductible and 100% reimbursement). We received the check on September 12th.

PetPlan associates were always on hand to a

Did you find this review helpful?
Injury/illness
chemical ingestion
Claim Amount
Over $1000
Breed

Mixed Breed

Age of Pet
1 - 8

Leave a comment

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.