I decided to get pet insurance for the first year of my puppy's life, since I figured he may wind up eating something weird in the backyard while we were at work all day. Little did I expect that Murphy would wind up breaking his leg. We submitted our claims, and forgot to send the invoices. We received an email alerting us of this a couple days after we sent the claims. We sent in the invoices a few days later, and about a week after that, we had our reimbursement checks in the mail. It was an easier-than-expected process with great results. We wound up spending about $2300 on fixing Murphy, and were reimbursed about $1800. Definitely recommended.