Warm wishes for a great 2019!
Posted: 04/28/2022 | BY: Conten Writer | Categories:
As we start to plan for 2019, and hang up our 2019 NSALA calendar, the one thing I am most looking forward to is being able to help our charity partners do more of their wonderful work
Happy New Year from all of us!
As we start to plan for 2019, and hang up our 2019 NSALA calendar, the one thing I am most looking forward to is being able to help our charity partners do more of their wonderful work.
By using our site to get pet insurance quotes and buy your insurance, you help us send regular donations to North Shore Animal League America, and Humane in Canada. It gives us warm feelings when we think of the difference we are all making to pets in need, together.
We’ve given over $13,000 to NSALA so far and you might like to know a bit more about the work you are helping to support.
North Shore Animal League America’s work
They are a no-kill animal shelter organization and they celebrate their 75th anniversary this year. To date they have saved over 1,000,000 dogs, cats, kittens and puppies, but what they do is not cheap so it’s good to know our donations are valued and help them in their work.
- $15 to buy a dog a new collar and lead so NSALA can start their training.
- $25 pays for a heartworm test for a dog or cat.
- $50 pays for a pet’s vaccinations.
- $200 pays for a neglected pet’s oral health care.
- $1,000 pays to rescue, mend, nurture, rehabilitate and re-home a pet end to end, and
- $6,000 pays to rescue up to 90 animals from a puppy mill and end their unspeakably sad existences.
Now we think that’s worthwhile! You can find out more about their work by visiting their website.