I got VPI insurance on a friend's recommendation. I did a little research and found it to be a really good insurance to go with, so I signed up. 2 months later, my ever mischievous 2 year old Silky ingested pieces of a rubber ball she found at the park. She was pretty sick as you can imagine. Thankfully, she was able to pass the pieces without surgery which was looming. I submitted my claim to VPI and within a short period of time, I was reimbursed almost my entire bill (which incidentally with x-rays, meds, treatment etc came to just under a 1000.00). Sign up was easy, the rate is very reasonable, and I'm so thankful I did it. I'd highly recommend them and do in fact to all Bella's friends at the dog park.