About a year after we invested in Petplan for our 3 year old Chihuahua mix Toast, he fell ill very suddenly. He was vomiting and not himself; we immediately assumed it was something he ate on his walk. At the emergency vet, they could tell essentially what we could: that it was something he had eaten, his blood panel showed irregularities, but they could neither say what he had ingested nor how serious it might get. One day-long hospital stay later, to the tune of just over $1,000, I picked up Toast who was back to his jolly self.Exactly two weeks later to the day, we had filed all the paperwork for our claim and received a reimbursement check in the mail for the precise amount we expected. We couldn't be more satisfied.