Impaled by a stick!

Out of 10

On January 3rd at 10:00am our dog, Harley, impaled herself with a stick. She was running with it in her mouth and dropped it. One end went into the ground at and angle and she literally ran into the stick so that it went in under her leg and came out her back near her spine. My husband and I were newly engaged and Harley is our only “baby” so, as you could imagine, this nearly shattered our world. The morning after her first hospital stay, the doctor called me at work to tell me that Harley was not going to live because the bacteria on the stick was infecting her organs and that slowly they would start to fail. I told them that money was no issue and to try everything possible to save her life. My husband and I were supposed to get married in six months. If it weren’t for PetPlanUSA-our wedding fund would have been depleted by the three surgeries and weeks Harley spent in ICU. Petplan’s representative, Suzanne, was so helpful throughout the claims process, not only by helping with the submission process, but she checked on our family daily to see how WE were doing. I’d never have imagined such a caring and compassionate company could exist, especially for an insurance company! It’s been a year and other than a scar, Harley is 100% healed and we are so grateful.

Did you find this review helpful?
Claim Amount
Age of Pet

Leave a comment

Enter the characters shown in the image.