On March 8th, 2010, my 3 month old puppy Jewel was rushed to emergency. An hour earlier, we had taken her to the front of our condo to get some fresh air. She was already in the habit of picking things up off the ground all the time, but most of the time she spit it out. Once the vet examined her, they determined she had swallowed a cigarette butt and now had nicotine poisoning. I was devastated and extremely worried if she was going to make it and how much this vet bill was going to be affecting my wallet!!
The next day, I am happy to say, Jewel recovered and was looking much better. I paid for the bill ($853.10) and the vet office sent in my claim.
The next day I received an email confirming that my claim was received. I was very impressed. It’s nice to know that when you send something in, that the company acknowledges they have it, so you’re not waiting and wondering. I was even more impressed that on March 10th (TWO DAYS AFTER THE INCIDENT!!!!), I received yet another email with an outline of the claim and what was covered. EVERYTHING (not including the exam) up to 90%!! I was amazed. It was only a few weeks before that I had set up the insurance and I already witnessed the exceptional customer service this company provides. No additional questions or hassle!! My puppy was back at home feeling better and my wallet wasn’t feeling as empty as I expected.
Thanks Trupanion!! I’ve already recommended you to many of my friends and I am sure you will have many many many more customers coming your way!!!