Doesn't cover accidents or emergencies

Out of 10

We have had insurance with Nationwide for our two dogs for five years. We pay $30 per month for each dog with a $250 deductible. Our dog recently accidentally ingested grapes and we had to take him to the Animal ER. Because grapes may cause renal failure and he could have died, he was required to stay in the hospital for two days. This included treatment of induced vomiting, an IV, and constant monitoring and blood testing. The total cost was $1400. We put in a claim with Nationwide as this was the reason we got insurance to begin with - to cover these types of incidents. After providing all the medical records and invoices to Nationwide we received $290 for a claim of $1400. It would have been a better use of our money over the last 5 years to start a savings account for our dogs. It is clearly not worth the money to have pet insurance.

Did you find this review helpful?

Renal (kidney)

Claim Amount
Over $1000

Mixed Breed

Age of Pet
1 - 8

Leave a comment

Enter the characters shown in the image.