My husband and I came home from work about two weeks ago to find that our 2.5 year old American Foxhound had escaped from his pen and obliterated our living and dining room with vomit, urine and diarrhea. As dog owners for the last 8 years, we've cleaned up our share of accidents. To put it simply; on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worse accident we've ever encountered, it was a 10. Our steam cleaner machine still hasn't recovered. When Cooper wouldn't stop shaking by the time we finished cleaning up and then wouldn't eat (this is a dog who would trade his soul for a hot dog), we knew a trip to the ER was in order. $550 and 2.5 hours later, with a set of clear and clean x-rays taken, anti-vomiting, anti-nausea, anti-diarrhea medication given and Cooper walking around with "camel humps" of fluid to re-hydrate him, we were heading home (not before, however, we were told our boy must be feeling better because he was showing great interest in the vet tech's french fries in back). Fortunately the vet didn't find anything wrong other then a sensitive tummy with some dehydration and chalked it up to Cooper ingesting something on our daily morning walk that REALLY didn't agree with him!
Although we've maintained Petplan policies on both our dogs for a couple of years, we had been fortunate enough to never have had to make a claim before this incident. Kind of wondering how things would play out, we faxed in the invoices and vet records the next day and in one week to t