The neighbor behind my house treated his property for rats. Although we have a walled yard, somehow a poisoned rat, or possibly a bird that ate a poisoned rat and died, must have got into the yard. We didn't know it, but for no apparent reason suddenly our beautiful and beloved young healthy dachshund/spaniel cross was clearly sick. She kept licking her paws and her little stomach was tight as drum. When we took her to the vet, the vet did tests, showed me a test tube of green urine, and said it was poison and began treating her immediately. My vet is great and our dog pulled through fine, thank goodness. But we ended up with a nearly a thousand dollar vet bill. My vet helped me fill out the forms and in a very short time a check arrived. I'm so pleased with Petplan. This was my first claim. One is never sure if the company will in fact come through when one buys insurance. But they were terrific. I truly recommend them without reservation.