Petplan is Awesome!

10
Out of 10

We've had great experiences with Petplan. We've had two dogs with Petplan coverage. Our first young pup had two incidents which required Petplan's insurance. The first was gastrointestinal issues and the second was much more tragic and expensive.
Following an off-leash walk our pup threw up in the evening and was acting a bit lethargic. He quickly declined to throwing up blood and collapsed. We rushed him to the emergency vet. They ran tests and found that he was in liver failure due to mushroom poisoning which they identified in his vomit. For the next two days the vets tried to keep him alive in hopes that his liver might recover which included a blood transfusion and continuous monitoring and testing. He never improved and began to become depressed so we had to make the hard decision to let him go.

In the end, we lost our dog and we were faced with a $4,000 bill. Thanks to Petplan we only paid our deductible of $200. It's hard enough to lose your best friend but to be financially punched in the stomach as well would have added insult to injury. As a plus Petplan even reimbursed us for a prorated portion of his plan without us even thinking of it.

Our second pooch was enrolled with Petplan from the moment we got him home. This time we upped the coverage to the $100 deductible and 100% coverage. He has been a bit of a problem child and has already visited the emergency vet 4 times and totalled bills of $1700 so we've already gotten our monies worth. His incidents

Did you find this review helpful?
Injury/illness

Gastritis/vomiting

mushroom toxicity
Claim Amount
Over $1000
Breed

Mixed Breed

Age of Pet
1 - 8

Leave a comment

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.