I decided I needed to get pet insurance for my corgi after he ate something out of the yard and racked up a $1,200 vet bill. Well it was a good thing I did, he ended up swallowing the end of a small spatula (don't give your dog peanut butter off of a spatula the end will come off if they decide they want the whole thing). It was not something that was going to come out on its own. He had to have surgery to remove it costing $1,400. His insurance had just gone into effect the week prior. The paper work was easy (I printed off what the vet needed to fill out and took it in and they did the rest) the check came quickly from PetPlan and I ended up paying less than $400, talk about saving!!
Pembroke Welsh Corgi