11/17/14 was terrifying. Khan, our 3 year old BT, started vomiting around 8 pm and continued throughout the night- over 30 times. We took him to the vet the next morning, where he was in borderline shock. Over the course of his 3 day stay, he was diagnosed with severe pancreatitis, which was caused by a blockage in his stomach and intestines, which turned out to be carpet. We had 2 options: Emergency surgery, or putting our baby down. Thanks to Healthy Paws and their fantastic coverage (90%), we were able to opt for surgery. The total bill was $3973. We had made a prior claim, so our paperwork was processed and reimbursement of about $3500 was approved and mailed in less than 24 hours. On top of their fantastic customer service, they also emailed me today to see how he was doing. It's a wonderful feeling to know your dog is in good hands, and we will never insure Khan with anyone but Healthy Paws.