First time Healthy Paws client

10
Out of 10

I own an English Retriever. At the age of 10 months she ingested a highly toxic mushroom, Death Cap. In the first 24h post ingestion, if the stomach is pumped, the animal has a great chance of survival, however there are not visible symptoms during this time. My dog was in critical condition at 48h but it took my vet another 24h to determine that she has been poisoned. I rushed her to Sage hospital in San Mateo where she received around the clock care (08-08-2014 to 08-13-2014). After 5 days and over $7,000 in medical bills Sam has recovered and released from the hospital. My medical bills were faxed the next day from both my primary care vet's office as well as from Sage hospital. These claims were processed within one week and in an additional 3 more days they were completed. I was granted 90% reimbursement as stated on the policy. There was no catch, no fine prints, no delays. I was advised by many to not get a Pet insurance because it is a waste of money. What can I say, other than I am delighted that I didn't follow their advise.

Did you find this review helpful?
Injury/illness

Gastritis/vomiting

Renal (kidney)

acute liver failure due to mushroom toxicity
Claim Amount
Over $1000
Breed

Golden Retriever

Age of Pet
Under a year

Leave a comment

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.