Tux apparently swallowed something firm but pliable, and it finally lodged in his small intestine whereat became entangled with fecal matter and formed a plug.After two visits to the Vet we ended up in a Veterinary Clinic outside of Richmond, Virginia where they did a sonogram and discovered the problem.
By this time he was in very serious shape. Emergency surgery was performed and after two nights in the clinic he came home and now after being home for 23 days he is almost back to his old self. I am so very pleased with the ease with which the claim process works with PetPlan, and do appreciate the fact that they contacted me almost immediately when the clinic failed to attach all necessary information. I was able to contact the clinic and get the info sent and was again contacted when all was in order. It is nice to be kept in the loop when a considerable amount of money is involved. In Tux's case, the total bill was almost $5700 of which PetPlan sent me almost $4400 back. I highly recommend this pet insurance plan, and have to some of my pet owning friends.