A Disaster

1
Out of 10

My two rescue dogs have been insured by petplan for the past five months. During this time, I have discovered some interesting undisclosed facts about this company. To my dismay, every claim I put in was declared invalid. it seems that there are limitations as to how many times dogs can suffer from chronic conditions. the incidents of colitis and ear infections must be a year or more apart. Separation anxiety must be treated by a behaviorist not a general veterinarian. All this might be fine if tit was disclosed at the time of purchase.
They also have an unusual way of calculating the deductable. Deductables are the deductable plus the copay. A 200 dollar eighty percent policy, actually hasba deductable not of 200 but of 220 dollars.
In five months and many claims for chronic conditiond, i have received zer dollars back.

Did you find this review helpful?
Injury/illness
colitis and separation anxiety
Claim Amount
$100 - $500
Breed

Mixed Breed

Age of Pet
1 - 8

Leave a comment

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Posted: 04/22/2014
By: Susan

A $200 deductible is paid no matter what the cost of treatment and is deducted from your vet bill before they calculate the 80% of the bill that is their portion to pay. The other 20% is your co-pay. Deductible and co-pay are added together as the portion you are responsible for. A $200 vet bill means you get nothing back. If your deductible was $100 you would get $80 on 80% reimbursement coverage.