When Charlie, my 7 year old Bishon was poisoned, he had to be in the pet hospital for about a week. He had bleeding into his lungs and so had to in the oxygen box for awhile and had IVs and meds to help him heal. After he came home, we had to restrict his activity, give him lots of medications and take him for xrays and lab tests frequently. When I realized how expensive this was, I was afraid I'd have to discontinue treatment or even have him put to sleep. When PetPlan came through, covering $5,594.93 of the $6,500.07 bill, I knew I wouldn't have to make that terrible decision.