Our dog ingested 20 sticks of sugar free gum, a toxic substance for dogs. We took her to the emergency vet at 11 PM. She stayed overnight.The vet filed all the necessary papers, as did the vet for a regular hours follow up visit one week later. We promptly received the proper amount.
If you never use insurance, of course it is not worth it. Having had two dogs (the first one without pet insurance) who have racked up large bills, when those big bills arrive, it softens the blow considerably, and makes the decision making process a lot easier.
I did a lot of research on pet insurance before choosing Pet Plan, and am very happy with this decision.