Pets Best released some interesting 2012 data:
- claims were filed on nearly 50% of pets they insure
- among these pets, an average of 4.75 claims were filed
- pet owners who filed claims requested any average of $1,717 throughout the year
So if we take our estimate of 100,000 active policies for Pets Best, that means:
- claims were filed on about 50,000 pets
- about 237,500 claims were filed last year (50,000 x 4.74)
That’s a whole lot of claims to process. Pets Best has a wellness plan and those types of claims should be simple to process, but that still leaves a lot of forms to be reviewed.